Monday, March 22, 2010

March 19th


I was up early to drive to Grove City for my last Agri Power training, I am sad to see it come to an end. We started this training at the Mid Ohio Food Bank to do some volunteer work for them. They had a large shipment of grapefruit that needed to be bagged to be able to give out. We went at and rocked, they was big boxes and it was hard to get to the bottom, so I got in the box to get the last of it. Of course we made it a fun time, because we are a fun group. We bagged 14,000lb of grapefruits in less the two hour, the food banks posted "Oh my amazing OhioFarmBureauvolunteers! 14,000 LBS OF GRAPEFRUIT SORTING IN UNDER 2 HRS! Fastest volume vs. time EVER". I said you put a group of farmers on it and things get done, we know how to work hard. After the bagging we got to tour the building and learn more about what they do, this is a new building for them, giving them more space to do great work. After that we headed out to Canal Winchester to tour the great Blystone Farm, my favorite goat farmers place. I have been there before but not when they was open and running so that was nice. It was beautiful day to be out on the farm, we learned about lamb and goat meet and about the ethnic community and when and how they like to buy their meat. Had a good lunch at the farm also. Then back to the farm bureau office for some more training. We went to The Elevator for dinner, it was a very good and fun dinner as always. After dinner we headed to the arena district to the R-Bar to hang out and watch some basketball. A great day with a great group of people. On another note two years ago today my life changed, I became single again, at the time it was upsetting. But over the last two years a lot in my life has changed for the good. I have been living life and having a lot of fun doing it. I love all the new people and things in my life now and am looking forward to all the great things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment