Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 13th

Day two of the young farmer conference and another good day. Started off with a good breakfast and then my morning workshops, two good ones. First one was on canning food, I don't do any canning now but maybe someday I will have a garden and give it a try. The second was on our up coming battle we will have with HSUS in Ohio, a lot of good info and more things to make me hate HSUS and all they do. Then a good lunch with some good speakers during it. After lunch Andy and Lindsay from ABN radio spoke to us, good job. Then they showed part of Food Inc. for all the farmers to see what is being shown to the unknowing public about what they do. They was very upset, they didn't have time to show it all, but I hope this gets them to watch it and speak out about it. We have to speak laud and often about how great farmers are to get our story and the truth out there. They ended the conference with a good agricultural based comedian. Another great conference done and in the books for another year. After the conference I went over to the mall with some friends, they need to look at curtains and I needed to kill time till dinner. Went out to dinner with some of my great farm bureau friends at the Japanese Steak House. By the way everyone needs a good pair of boots. Some of them got some new boots tonight and one friend was saying something about the cost and I said something like... you can pay that for a good pair of boots because they last a long time. My last boots lasted me like seven years, they lasted longer then my marrage, I had them before I married him and was still wearing them when it ended. Food was good, I tried some new things, it was very cool and good time with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment