Saturday, January 16, 2010

Jan. 14th

Today was full but good. I had one of my new chatting friends ask me my thought on Food Inc. and I had not watched it yet, but was asked to for Agri Power. So I it was on my Netflix instants so i watched and once again got my blood warm. My thoughts on it, Not saying these things don't happen, but I don't think this shows everything and shows only a small part of it and this isn't how every farm is! It is miss conceiving to what really takes place on most farms! Just another attempt by animal rights groups to make the world vegan. It only shows you what they want you to see. I have been on lots of large farms that raise the food we eat and I am very happy with how they raise it. Farm practice used today are for the health and safety of the animal, the farmer and the food they produce. I am very for buying local when you can but also happy with what i buy at the grocery store. Then I went to school 2 hrs early because I thought I was going to meet with financial aid. But all they did was give me more paper work to fill out and that took about 15 min. if that. And non of the Compt. labs in my building was open. But I had another Soils lab and it was good we testing the change caused by different things on soil and rocks. We got to put rocks in acid and see what happens too. Then right after school I had a county Farm Bureau holiday dinner and meeting, that was good. I always like when good food is involved. We did something new for our dinner this year, normally we go to a nice restaurant, but to support a local community place we went to the AB Graham center and the local ladies that help run it fixed us a nice dinner. It was good to do something different and some new people got to see the museum.

Today's Pic - Limestone in Acid it is eating away at it

No comments:

Post a Comment