Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Time of Thanksgiving

It has been a busy, busy week getting ready for the family to come over for Thanksgiving, but it is all worth it. I enjoy having people to my home and Thanksgiving is the only holiday I get to do. We don't have a big get together, just my parents and my brother and his family, but it is fun to watch the girls play and stuff. I cooked the ham and turkey this year, a first for me, but all is good. We haven't had turkey the past few years so I only did a turkey breast and it was more then enough.

As for Friday I am not someone to go out and shopping, I am not that crazy. I stayed home and enjoyed having a day off and didn't do much at all, it was very nice. I enjoyed watching Netflix all day on my tv, I bought a box this week to watch the instants on my tv, great buy! I don't have cable, because I can't afford it and now even more don't need it. I did get a few things done and one is finally getting my jewelry out where I can see it and hopefully remember to wear it more now. I don't have a jewelry box and my jewelry had been in a draw and it gets tangled up and I forget about. I have been looking on Pinterest.com (love that website) for idea and got some good ones that helped me come up with one. I already had a wood hanger (don't know what else to call it) that I wasn't using, so I hung it to put stuff on. On the center rod I put a long peace of ribbon to hang my pins or broaches on. I think it worked out good and the best part I tried a trick on Pinterest.com to hang it. It need two nail in the wall to hang it, so I put a little tooth paste on the back over each hanger and then pressed it against the wall and then put the nails in where the tooth paste is. It worked great, I am loving all the ideas I am getting off of Pinterest.

The week before Thanksgiving I shared on Facebook somethings I am most Thankful for, I would like to share them all together here...
  • Thankful for all the great friends that I have, so many of you have been there for me at that just right time and Thank you!
  • I am thankful that I was able to and had the opportunity to go to college (two times) and learn lots about Photography and Agriculture!
  • I am thankful for a nice house to live in, its not a dream home but its mine :) I love my little craftsman home with its open rooms and old wood work (wish I would take it to the country some day, but that prob cost more then value of house lol)
  • I am Thankful to have a job (or jobs) to provide the things I need and somethings I want and a bigger Thanks that I enjoy my job and like the people I work with.
  • I am thankful for all the farmers that work hard to provide the food and fiber we need!! And very thankful for my farmer friends!
  • I am very thankful for my family, they are always there for me and supportive.
  • The thing I am Most Thankful for is our Heavenly Father that Blesses me with all the things that I am thankful for... He never stops amazing me and often reminded that He does answer prayers but in His time and way, because He knows best!

I have a lot to be thankful for and am very blessed, Thank you all! Remember today is shop local day so get out to those great local business. I am off to start sewing Christmas gifts and hopefully some items to sale too.

No comments:

Post a Comment