Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Trunk or Treat "Price is Right"

This will be a short blog, but I wanted to tell about my Trunk or Treat I did last year. It was my first time doing one and it was going to be really cold. With the weather I wanted to do something I could dress warm under... After think about it, I thought why not do the price is right. I had already made a bunch of Price is Right props and stuff for camp earlier that year (can read about camp price is right here).

I decided to revamp my "Punch a Bunch" board to have candy inside, put it in the trunk of my bug and let the bigger kids punch a hole to get their candy. Then I took one of the show case contestant stands and put a ribbon on it so it could hang around my neck. I also printed myself a name tag. I put other game props I made around my car. 

Lastly I wanted it to relate to a bible verse some how,  since it was at our church and is a great out reach ministry. That lead to me changing my sign, the Price is Right logo, to say the Price is Paid with a cross instead of a dollar sign. With a reference to "He paid the price for us" (1 Timothy 2:6).

Now to come up with this year... 

4 comments:

  1. I love this! if you don't mind me asking... how did you get the logo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I just saw this... I made the logo in Photoshop

      Delete
  2. What materials did you use for the punch board?

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you get the letters from to do the punch to bunch sign

    ReplyDelete